Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use PolicyLast Updated: 03/16/2021
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the VPS hosting and cloud computing services offered by IDrive Inc. (the “Services”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive and we may modify this Policy at any time.
1. Unlawful and Prohibited Use
By using our Services, you agree to the latest version of this Policy and agree not to misuse and damage the Services. As per this AUP, you or your end users will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited; obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by Us. We reserve the right to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services. However we do not assume any obligation to conduct the investigation. If you or your users violate the Policy or authorize or are found to help others in doing so, your account may be suspended or terminated.
2. Use of Services
You must not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services to do the following things:
- use the Services for any illegal purposes;
- use the Services to store, retrieve, transmit or view any file, data, image or program that contains:
- any illegal pictures, materials or information;
- any harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, unlawfully pornographic, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, deceptive or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature;
- any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- any code or material that violates the intellectual property rights of others; or
- any viruses, worms, malware, "Trojan horses" or any other similar contaminating or destructive features;
- use the Service for any spamming, chain letters or other use that may otherwise disrupt the Service or the networks through which you access and use the Services;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- access or attempt to access any accounts for which you have no access authorization or duplicate, modify, distribute or display any of the data or files from any such account.
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, shared areas of the Service you have not been invited to, or IDrive Inc. computer systems;
- access or search the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces;
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for our Service;
- violate any regulations, policies and procedures of networks through which you access and use the Services; or
- violate United States and other applicable law regarding the exportation and re-exportation of any data or other materials from the United States or other jurisdictions through the Service.
3. Excessive Shared Resource Utilization
The shared resources provisioned by IDrive Compute shall be used in such a way that it does not impact the usual activities occurring on such shared systems, or expend a relatively larger share of the resources. In the event of a data stored on a shared server being infected or corrupted by a virus, IDrive Compute may segregate or delete the data.
4. Restriction of Access/Service Termination
We reserve the right to review materials posted to the Service and to remove any materials, to terminate your account at any time, with or without notice, for violating this policy or misusing the Services. Upon termination of the Service, your right to use our Service immediately ceases.